6/01/2007

Personal Query #5

To what extent is the performance of my worldly duties promoting or hindering my growth in grace and my service for God?

At the moment, there are a lot of things distracting me. I'm conducting a roommate search, exploring a new relationship, and spending a lot of time/energy on my therapy. It's a busy time of year at work, as we approach the end of the fiscal year and budgets must be spent out.

I think that there are ways in which getting my head fixed is helpful to my service for God. It's easier for me to find time to do service work and personal acts of kindness now that I'm doing pretty good. It's also much easier for me to center in worship when my crazy is under control. It's a good feeling, but it also takes a lot of effort.

I wish that I had more time for blogging. It's good for me. I need this space to put my thoughts in order and focus on my spiritual life. I think that it's going to continue to be on the back burner as I prepare for Yearly Meeting. I've still got a lot to think about and a lot to read in order to feel comfortable with leading the things I've agreed to lead. Perhaps I'll get over the hump soon and start enjoying the preparations and get some spiritual satisfaction out of them, but at the moment I just feel utterly overwhelmed.

2 comments:

Liz Opp said...

I may be saying this because I myself need to be reminded of it as well:

Take your time with all that you have on your plate. Way will open, and it seems to open more easily when we are faithful and trust in God's time and not so much in our own.

I remember writing a long, long time ago--BB (Before Blogging)--that "whatever is in the way IS the way."

Blessings,
Liz Opp, The Good Raised Up

Anonymous said...

I promise not to heckle at yearly meeting. Remember how good it will feel to be at the first meeting for worship fourth day afternoon.